Tuesday, February 27, 2007


I went to “Welcome to the Rock”, a website that introduced the island of Alcatraz, out in the middle of the San Francisco Bay. Alcatraz Island is one of the most famous and popular tourist destinations of the US. This is because the visitors to the island could not only travel around the remnants of the prison, but could also find out about the Indian occupation of 1969 - 1971, early military defenses (the first U.S. fort on the coast), and the West Coast's first (and oldest operating) lighthouse. But Alcatraz Island was well known for the federal prison from 1934-1963, which confined infamous prisoners such as Al Capone and Robert Stroud.

I knew this place since I watched a movie "The Rock", which was starred by Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage. I thought that is a good method to open up an old prison to the public. People can visit Alcatraz Island to learn about the life and culture of prison. That is a very useful place to educate youths about how terrible it is if you do some bad things. I am interested in Alcatraz Island so much that I hope I can visit San Francisco soon. I think that a trip to Alcatraz Island will be a very exciting experience.

3 Comments:

Blogger yiming said...

Brother Bright: Thank you for your birthday present, you almost made me cry. It will be a special and perfect memory in my life! :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger yiming said...

I'm not sure I have posted the comment successfully~~

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kwang sub Sohn said...

Bright!
did you see the movie "the rock"?
so interesting~
let's see the movie together later.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home